Monday, May 28, 2012

Stitching with Sue Spargo

I recently had the pleasure of taking a wool applique class from Sue Spargo.  Sue is a contemporary folk art quilt designer and has been featured in American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.  When my friends and I found out she was coming to our neck of the woods, we could not pass up the opportunity to meet her.  We live 3 hours from Quilters Paradise in Clovis, CA...but were very happy to drive that far to take her class. 

We were very excited when Sue accepted our invitation to dinner the evening before the class.  She was so gracious!  I felt little like a groupy!  --or maybe a stalker? We found out that she's a Starbuck's coffee drinker.  So, of course we all had to motor over to Starbucks the morning of our class to get our cup of java. I was truly on cloud nine.

Sue showing us her quilts


This is my Sew Your Seeds Project in the works

Connie and I showing our progress
This is my other Sew Your Seeds
The inside

We stitched, we laughed, we ate, we had a blast.  I did not want to go home.   If you ever have the chance to take one of Sue's classes, I highly recommend it!

1 comment: